The Bundesliga Home Challenge is entering its second round this weekend, with a number of entertaining games on the horizon.
We have seen great success in e-sports at the La Liga Santander Challenge, in which Marco Asensio and Real Madrid emerged victorious, and now the Bundesliga is following suit.
29 clubs from the Bundesliga, Bundesliga 2 and a referee team compete against each other at FIFA 20. The tournament will be played in online mode on the Playstation 4 console. To make things fair, all teams have been given an appropriate skill level of 85.
What are the results so far? And what can we expect from the second round? Read on to find out.
Who is in the Bundesliga Home Challenge?
Arminia Bielefeld: Andreas Voglsammer / Marcel Hartel
Augsburg: Marco Richter / Yannic Bederke
Bayer Leverkusen: Wendell / Kai Wollin
Bochum: Vitaly Janelt / Jan-Luca "Bassinho" bass
Borussia Dortmund: Achraf Hakimi / Erné Embeli
Borussia Monchengladbach: Jonas Hofmann / Yannik "Jeffry 95" Reiners
Cologne: Rafael Czichos / Tim "The Strxnger" Katnawatos
Darmstadt: Felix Platte / Yannick de Groot
Dynamo Dresden: Justin Löwe / Marcel Gramann
Eintracht Frankfurt: Nils Stendera / Andreas Gube
Freiburg: Mark Flekken / Nico Schlotterbeck
Greuther Fuerth: Timothy Tillman / Fabio Sabbagh
Hamburg: Sonny Kittel / Leon Krasniqi
Hanover: Julian Korb / Marcel Deutscher
Hertha Berlin: Maximilian Mittelstädt / Elias Nerlich
Hoffenheim: Munas Dabbur / Marcel Schwarz
Holstein Kiel: Dominik Schmidt / Cihat Kormaz
Jahn Regensburg: Tom Baack / Federico Palacios
Mainz: Florian Müller / Julian Greis
Nuremberg: Tim Handwerker / Felix Schimmel
Paderborn: Rifet Kapic / Lucas Fiedler
RB Leipzig: Nordi Mukiele / Moritz Mäde
Referee team: Deniz Aytekin / Daniel Schlager
Schalke: Nassim Boujellab / Tim "Tim_Latka" Schwartmann
St. Pauli: Luca Zander / Tom "FCSP Tom" Köst
Stuttgart: Atakan Karazor / Burak May
Union Berlin: Keven Schlotterbeck / Julius Kade
Contractions in Wiesbaden: Sascha "M_0cki" Mockenhaupt / Simon "Bremo" Döring
Werder Bremen: Davie Selke / Erhan "Dr. Erhano ”Kayman
Wolfsburg: Lino Kasten / Benedikt Saltzer Salzzer
Results of the first round of the Bundesliga Home Challenge
- Darmstadt 4-2 Bayer Leverkusen
- Freiburg 5-5 contractions
- Arminia Bielefeld 4-8 Holstein Kiel
- Union Berlin 5-1 Regensburg
- RB Leipzig 1-2 Hamburger SV
- Werder Bremen 4-5 Nuremberg
- Augsburg 2-1 Hanover
- SG Dynamo Dresden 2-8 Eintract Frankfurt
- FC Cologne 5-3 Stuttgart
- St. Pauli 1-4 Schalke 04
- Mainz 3-3 Borussia Dortmund
- Hertha Berlin 6-3 Paderborn
- Greuther Furth 2-3 Hoffenheim
When is the second round of the Bundesliga Home Challenge and how can I watch live?
The second round begins on Saturday April 4th at 2:30 p.m. (UK time). If you want to watch live, you can do this via the official Bundesliga website. Just click on Here and press the play button.
Bundesliga Home Challenge Round two games
Saturday April 4th
- Hannover against Darmstadt
- Hertha Berlin versus Freiburg
- FC Cologne against Greuther Furth
- Borussia Dortmund versus Holstein Kiel
- Hoffenheim against Mainz
- Paderborn against contractions
- RB Leipzig against Werder Bremen
- Borussia Mönchengladbach against referee
Sunday April 5th
- Nuremberg against St. Pauli
- Eintracht Frankfurt against Arminia Bielefeld
- Regensburg versus Stuttgart
- Bayer Leverkusen against SG Dynamo Dresden
- Wolfsburg against Schalke 04
- Hamburger SV against Augsburg
- Bochum against Union Berlin
Achraf Hakimi: Is there anything the Borussia Dortmund full-back cannot do?
With seven goals and ten assists in the Bundesliga and the Champions League, it can be said with certainty that Borussia Dortmund's full-back Achraf Hakimi has continued to make waves this season.
The Moroccan has adopted this right-back, who is known for bombing up and down the line of contact with relentless energy and giving BVB an additional dimension of attack. If Hakimi's form continues in this way, there is a good chance that he will become a regular at Real Madrid as soon as he returns to his parents' club.
Subscribe to Squawka's YouTube channel here.
But Hakimi does not only thrive on grass, the 21-year-old also proves his worth on the virtual course. He competes alongside the professional FIFA player Erné Embeli for Borussia Dortmund and will face Holstein Kiel's Cihat Kormaz in the second round on Saturday.
Borussia Dortmund: 10/11
To draw: 5/2
Holstein Kiel: 23/10
Bet365 offers match-to-match odds for the Bundesliga Home Challenge. Follow the instructions below to see which markets are offered:
- Go to bet365 through this link.
- Register for an account (this can also earn you up to € 100 in free bets, although the terms and conditions apply and you must be over 18 years old).
- Make a deposit.
- Bet on your selected Bundesliga Home Challenge games.
You must be at least 18 years old to have a Bet365 account Terms & Conditions apply Play responsibly Geographical restrictions apply. These odds and promotions apply at the time of writing of this article on Saturday, April 4th at 1:30 p.m. GMT.