RB Leipizg welcomes SC Freiburg to the Red Bull Arena on Saturday afternoon when the Bundesliga comes back into action.
The game is played behind closed doors as the hosts try to bolster their slim title hopes.
Julian Nagelsmann's team sent a firm message in March when they released Tottenham Hotspur from the Champions League. They will try to fill the gap between Borussia Dortmund and the leaders Bayern Munich.
Freiburg is in the top 10, but it will be a big challenge for them to leave Leipzig with all three points. However, the forced pause means that fitness levels and lack of sharpness can come into play.
Where can you see RB Leipzig against SC Freiburg on TV:
- UNITED KINGDOM: BT Sport has Bundesliga rights in the UK, but it has not been announced which games will be broadcast live this weekend.
- US: Fox Sports
Bundesliga live streaming: RB Leipzig versus Freiburg
- UNITED KINGDOM: bet365 is expected to continue playing Bundesliga live streaming games when the rest of the 2019/20 season starts again. To access devices that are streamed live on the bet365 platform:
- Go to bet365 through this link
- Register for an account (this can also earn you up to € 100 in free bets, although the terms and conditions apply and you must be over 18 years old)
- Make a deposit to unlock the live stream areas of the website
- Go to the live stream section of the website
- Watch your chosen game live
NB: To see, customers must have a funded sports account or have placed a bet within the past 24 hours. 18+ | Terms and Conditions apply Play responsibly Geographical restrictions apply. These chances to win and special offers apply at the time of writing of this article on Tuesday, May 5th, at 10:00 a.m.GMT.
- US: US-based readers can try Fubowho currently offer a free trial.
RB Leipzig vs Freiburg preview
This is only the 10th meeting between RB Leipizg and SC Freiburg. Since its foundation a little over a decade ago, the Red Bulls have only played against VfL Wolfsburg (12) several times in their young history.
The first game in the second German league was a 1-1 draw for Ralf Rangnick's men, which included Willi Orban, Lukas Klostermann, Marcel Sabitzer and Emil Forsberg, at the Red Bull Arena.
On the way to promotion, Freiburg won the second leg 2-1. The Baden-Württemberg-based club won the league five points ahead of RB Leipizig, who moved to the Bundesliga – where they have crossed regularly since then.
In the big time, however, it was "lawn ball sport" that prevailed in terms of head-to-head boast rights. Freiburg's win earlier this season meant that they now had three wins over the East German team, but lost four in seven previous matches.
Although three of them were scored in the first three Bundesliga games, Leipzig scored four goals to Freiburg each time and the last win came in the backend of last season.
Freiburg has never made a league double against RB Leipzig. This showdown was the second opportunity after the 2018/19 season, in which they won 3-0 at home before having to take a 1-2 away defeat.
RB Leipzig title hopes alive
Before the Bundesliga was suspended, RB Leipzig had definitely gotten going after he made Jose Mourinho's Spurs team easy in the Champions League. Nagelsmann's men crashed last season's finalists 3-0 on home turf on the way to a comfortable 4-0 overall win.
However, this victory was followed by two draws in the Bundesliga, in which Leipzig fell five points behind leaders and defending champions Bayern and Borussia Dortmund in between.
Christian Streich, who was responsible for Freiburg at all his previous meetings with RB Leipzig, sees his team currently sitting one point below the European places. They previously only got one out of nine available points before booking a resounding 3-1 win against the struggling Union Berlin.
One has to say that their shape on the street is not particularly encouraging. Freiburg faces a difficult task when they go to a stadium in which they have not yet won after winning the last 10 away games. During this time, they suffered five losses.
Table of the Bundesliga 2019/20 and current form (after match week 25):
- Bayern Munich (55 points): WWWWD.
- Borussia Dortmund (51 points): WWWWL.
- RB Leipzig (50 points): DDWWD.
- Bayer Leverkusen (47 points): W.D.WWW
- Borussia Mönchengladbach (46 points): L.W.D.W.D.
- Schalke (37 points): D.L.L.DD
READ MORE ABOUT THE BUNDESLIGA:
Bundesliga 2019/20 top scorer list
Bundesliga 2019/20 most templates table
How to broadcast Bundesliga matches online live