Another stage of the exciting Bundesliga race for a spot in the Champions League takes place on Saturday when Borussia Mönchengladbach hosts Bayer Leverkusen.
Gladbach has the upper hand, sits in third place and used RB Leipzig's tie against Freiburg to overtake The Red Bulls 3-1 against Eintracht Frankfurt.
Marco Rose's team was one of the most exciting teams in the Bundesliga this season and may be keeping an eye on the action at the top of the table, six points behind Bayern Munich, and a trip to the Allianz Arena is still pending.
Only two points and two places behind Gladbach is Leverkusen, who also closed the gap in Leipzig with a 4-1 away win against Werder Bremen. Peter Bosz's team has a guaranteed place in Europe, currently 11 points ahead of the sixth-placed Wolfsburg. Given the proximity to the top, a place in the Europa League could have a negative impact on Leverkusen at the end of the season.
Of course, the overall standings will not be finalized on Saturday, but the duel between Gladbach and Leverkusen could help decide who will represent the Bundesliga in the Champions League next season.
Where can you see Borussia Mönchengladbach against Bayer Leverkusen on TV:
- UNITED KINGDOM: BT Sport 2
- US: Fox Sports 2
Where can you stream the game live:
- UNITED KINGDOM: Bet365 * broadcasts this game live for account holders. If you don't have a Bet365 account yet and would like to stream Borussia Mönchengladbach against Bayer Leverkusen live, you can use this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on it shortcut.
- "Join Now" and enter details.
- Log in and transfer the new account.
- Select the desired event from the "Now Live" or "Schedule" sections in the "Live Streaming" category of Bet365.
* Geo restrictions apply, only 18+ must have a credit account BeGambleAware.
- US: US-based readers can try Fubowho currently offer a free trial.
Occupations of Borussia Mönchengladbach & Bayer Leverkusen to date:
- Borussia Mönchengladbach (against Eintracht Frankfurt): Summer; Lainer, Ginter, Elvedi, Bensebaini; Neuhaus, Strobl; Hofmann, Embolo, Thuram; Plea.
- Bayer Leverkusen (against Werder Bremen): Hradecky; Weiser, Tapsoba, S. Bender, Sinkgraven; Demirbay, Aranguiz; Wirtz, Amiri, Diaby; Havertz.
Neither team has new injury problems after the 26th week of the game, which means that Florian Wirtz can continue on the Leverkusen team after becoming the youngest player ever.
To see players:
- Borussia Monchengladbach: It took Alassane's plea Just 36 seconds to score against Eintracht Frankfurt last weekend and continue his impressive campaign. The 27-year-old striker had a decent first season with 12 goals in Gladbach last season and is almost on par this time. Plea has scored nine goals in 23 Bundesliga games and is Gladbach's top scorer this season. But the Frenchman also added assists to his game, only Marcus Thuram has set up teammates more often than Plea's seven. Plea was directly involved in 16 Bundesliga matches this season and was responsible for 30.77% of Gladbach's total. This made Plea a really important player. It's easy to understand why Premier League clubs have previously tried to sign the striker. "Of course it is flattering to hear that Premier League clubs were interested, but I really wanted to go to Germany because it gives you everything you need to get to the next level and improve," Plea said a few years. He was not wrong.
- Bayer Leverkusen: Kai Havertz-based has had a lot of Leverkusen talk this season. And although the German was good, he cannot be the player you should see in every Leverkusen preview. So keep an eye on this weekend Moussa Diaby, a player who is so good that he triggers fear in full-blown, experienced Bundesliga coaches ("I was afraid he would play against us," said Christian Steich from Freiburg after a 1-1 draw last November). The 20-year-old Frenchman was a summer arrival from PSG and terrorized the opposing wings and connected particularly well with Havertz. Diaby was directly involved in nine Bundesliga matches this season. Only Kevin Volland (16) and Havertz (13) were directly involved in other Bundesliga clubs for Leverkusen this season. Diaby's "goal participation" included two assists against Bremen last weekend. We recommend that you pamper your eyes the first time.
Star Power on Show 🤩
Kai Havertz starts where he left off 27 minutes after Leverkusen's return!
Excellent wing play by Moussa Diaby Bundes # BundesligaIsBack pic.twitter.com/Am6LaYixYN
– 🇩🇪Yes! See the Bundesliga live on BT Sport🇩🇪 (@btsportfootball) on May 18, 2020
Goal prediction: Borussia Mönchengladbach 3-2 Bayer Leverkusen
Table of the Bundesliga 2019/20 and current form:
- Borussia Monchengladbach: WWL.W.D.
- Bayer Leverkusen: WWD.WW
→ Bavaria (58 points)
→ Dortmund (54 points)
↑ Gladbach (52 points)
↓ RB Leipzig (51 points)
→ Bayer Leverkusen (50 points)
B04 made it into five teams with half a century of points after 26 games. pic.twitter.com/WRFuSxcf4a
– Squawka News (@SquawkaNews) May 18, 2020
READ MORE ABOUT THE BUNDESLIGA:
Bundesliga 2019/20 top scorer list
Bundesliga 2019/20 most templates table
How to broadcast Bundesliga matches online live