Paderborn's struggle for survival in the Bundesliga continues on Saturday when they welcome Hoffenheim to the Benteler Arena.
Steffen Baumgart's team only returned to the Bundesliga for the 2019/20 season after being promoted one after the other in the two previous campaigns (a revival after a period of turmoil).
With 17 points from 26 games, they are now at the bottom of the Bundesliga table. They are also six points behind Fortuna Dusseldorf in the relegation play-off after not closing the gap last weekend when the couple competed against each other. A goalless draw ensured that they were no longer out of safety. Since there are only 24 points left in 2019/20, Paderborn has to win.
You may have a good chance of getting one this weekend when Hoffenheim visits them. Although Hoffenheim is ninth and has the chance to qualify for the Europa League, he is in the form of a relegation fighter. In the last six Bundesliga games, they have only earned two points.
Last weekend Hertha Berlin humiliated them 3-0. This reflects the club's struggles at both ends of the field. However, Hoffenheim has a positive record against the newly promoted teams who have been unbeaten in the last six games, including three wins in the first half of the 2019/20 season.
Where can you see Paderborn against Hoffenheim on TV:
- UNITED KINGDOM: BT Sport Extra 1
- US: Fox Sports
Where can you stream the game live:
- UNITED KINGDOM: Bet365 * broadcasts this game live for account holders. If you don't have a Bet365 account yet and would like to stream Paderborn vs Hoffenheim live, you can use this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on it shortcut.
- "Join Now" and enter details.
- Log in and transfer the new account.
- Select the desired event from the "Now Live" or "Schedule" sections in the "Live Streaming" category of Bet365.
* Geo restrictions apply, only 18+ must have a credit account BeGambleAware.
- US: US-based readers can try Fubowho currently offer a free trial.
The latest lineups from Paderborn & Hoffenheim:
- Paderborn (against Fortuna Düsseldorf): Zingerle; Drager, Schönlau *, Hunemeier, Collins; Gjasula; Proger, Vsiliadis, Antwi-Adjei, Jastrzembski; Srbeny.
- Hoffenheim (against Hertha Berlin): Baumann; Kaderabek, Akpoguma, Hubner, Posch; Grillitsch, Rudy; Skov, Baumgartner, Zuber; Bebou *.
Sebastian Schonlau is in doubt that Paderborn missed training this week and could therefore exit Paderborn from XI. For Hoffenheim, Bebou is doubtful with a thigh injury, which could mean a return to the side for Moanes Dabbur.
To see players:
- Paderborn: The Baumgart team fought in front of the goal this season. Only two teams have scored less than their 30 Bundesliga goals, however Kai Proger tried its best to remedy that. Proger was Paderborn's creative spark this season and opened 38 chances in the Bundesliga, more than any of his teammates. Among these 38 chances are six templates, another club height and three more than any other Paderborn player. Add his two goals, and the German midfielder was directly involved in 26.67% of Paderborn's total Bundesliga goals this season. Only Hoffenheim was less dependent on a single player.
- Hoffenheim: After three goals against Hertha Berlin last weekend Oliver Baumann want to get back on track to extend Hoffenheim's impressive record against Paderborn. In the five competitive games between these two teams, Hoffenheim still has to concede a goal against Paderborn. This is their best record against every team in professional football. Three of these five games took place in the Bundesliga, which led to two wins and a draw for Hoffenheim. The Kraichgauer was the only team against which Paderborn has not scored a goal in the history of the top class. At Baumann – the man who has played more Bundesliga games in the last ten years (316) than anyone else – the goalkeeper has played four clean sheets this season, including one against Paderborn at the start of the season.
Goal prediction: Paderborn 0-0 Hoffenheim
Table of the Bundesliga 2019/20 and current form:
- Paderborn: D.LLLL
- Hoffenheim: L.D.L.D.L.
1.Bavaria Munich (58)
2. Borussia Dortmund (54)
3. Gladbach (52)
4.RB Leipzig (51)
The defending champions increase their lead at the top of the table to four points. pic.twitter.com/AE5dZRxl82
– Squawka News (@SquawkaNews) May 17, 2020
READ MORE ABOUT THE BUNDESLIGA:
Bundesliga 2019/20 top scorer list
Bundesliga 2019/20 most templates table
How to broadcast Bundesliga matches online live