Both Schalke and Augsburg suffered defeats last weekend when the Bundesliga returned and will get back on their feet this Sunday.
David Wagner's page was extensively hit on one side Revierderby on On Saturday, Borussia Dortmund strolled to a 4-0 win.
Defeat for the Royal Blues dampened their hopes of landing in a European place, but they still remain sixth ahead of Wolfsburg.
The landscape for the visitors is rich in contrast: Augsburg currently occupies 14th place and is only four points above the play-off position of the descent. You have now lost four games in a row in the league and no Bundesliga team has collected fewer points since the winter break (4).
Heiko Herrlich's team suffered a defeat in the 91st minute. It was a similar scenario the last time these two teams met. Schalke won 3-2 thanks to a late winner from Creative Talisman Amine Harit.
Are we facing a similar encounter with high scores? Or will the hosts try to improve the situation in the background after their 4-0 reversal at the weekend?
Where can you see Schalke against Augsburg on TV:
- UNITED KINGDOM: BT Sport 1
- US: Fox Soccer Plus
Where can you stream the game live:
- UNITED KINGDOM: Bet365 * broadcasts this game live for account holders. If you don't have a Bet365 account yet and are interested in streaming Schalke against Augsburg live, you can use this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on it shortcut.
- "Join Now" and enter details.
- Log in and transfer the new account.
- Select the desired event from the "Now Live" or "Schedule" sections in the "Live Streaming" category of Bet365.
* Geo restrictions apply, only 18+ must have a credit account BeGambleAware.
- US: US-based readers can try Fubowho currently offer a free trial.
The most recent lineups from Schalke & Augsburg:
- Schalke (against Borussia Dortmund): Schubert; Todibo *, Sane, Nastasic; Kenny, McKennie, Serdar, Oczipka; Harit *, Caligiuri, Raman.
- Augsburg (against Wolfsburg): Luthe; Framberger, Jedvaj, Suchy, Max; Khedira, Baier, Richter, Lowen, Vargas; Niederlechner.
Jean-Clair Todibo, Omar Mascarell, Benjamin Stambouli and Ozan Kabak are missing for the hosts, while Amine Harit is a big doubt. Simon Asta and Andre Hahn remain paused for Augsburg, while Fabian Giefer and Julianieber are not expected.
To see players:
- Schalke: Even though the Royal Blues are playing nice football under Wagner, the former Huddersfield manager has introduced a more resilient defensive mindset that his predecessor was painfully lacking. Domenico Tedesco. Part of Wagner's summer restructuring and the key to his success this season was Everton's loaner Jonjoe Kenny. The Liverpudlian brought a liveliness and a zipper to the flank and mixed a strong attack game with his tenacity. He was a member of England's first and only team to win the U20 World Cup and scored a goal last August that, according to his manager Wagner, "could only have been an Englishman".
Jonjoe Kenny! What a hit! 🙌
The Everton loaner scored a belter when Schalke defeated Hertha 3-0 Berlin …
Young English players who do damage in the Bundesliga! pic.twitter.com/yaRFUWYGPr
– 🇩🇪Yes! See the Bundesliga live on BT Sport🇩🇪 (@btsportfootball) on August 31, 2019
- Augsburg: Striker Florian Niederlechner may be the trusted source of goals for Fuggerstadter. He has scored eleven goals this season, especially four in six games against Schalke (the most he has scored against a top team). But versatile left-back Philipp Max was no stranger in sharing the burden. Unbelievable that Max scored seven goals, two from the defense – his natural position – and five from a distance. Incredibly, the former Schalke man was not only used in the left wing when he was tasked with continuing to play forward, but also in the central offensive midfield. If you need more reason to see him, Max is the reigning king of the Bundesliga free kicks. This season he has scored three goals from ten direct free-kick attempts, most of all players in the competition.
Goal prediction: Schalke 2-1 Augsburg
Table of the Bundesliga 2019/20 and current form:
- Schalke: L.D.LLD.
- Augsburg: LLLLD.
1.Bavaria Munich (58)
2. Borussia Dortmund (54)
3. Gladbach (52)
4.RB Leipzig (51)
The defending champions increase their lead at the top of the table to four points. pic.twitter.com/AE5dZRxl82
– Squawka News (@SquawkaNews) May 17, 2020
READ MORE ABOUT THE BUNDESLIGA:
Bundesliga 2019/20 top scorer list
Bundesliga 2019/20 most templates table
How to broadcast Bundesliga matches online live